September 17, 2010

Suicidal, Again

So here I sit.  
Hot tears streaming down my face.  
My throat raw with the need to scream.
Muscles quivering with unspent anger.

I feel like a caged beast too long tormented.  
I want to bleed.  
I want to show the pain I carry.

The phone rings, buzzing insistently.  
The first shriek tears itself loose from the handset.  
My breath catches, my heart jumps into overdrive.  

I try to unscramble the jumble of anger laden words.
She is having trouble with them again.
I hear their childish wails in the background, 
Strident and pained, upset and hurt.

She is screaming again, the words lost in the emotional battering I feel.
What should she do?  She demands I tell her.
I back down, no yelling, maybe I can diffuse this, 

this time...

What did I do?  I tell her what I do.
She shrills again that I don't understand...
Nothing I am saying is being heard,
Nothing I do is getting noticed.

I hang up.  It rings again...
Dare I pick it up?  Ask for an apology?
Done.  And Done.    Silence.  Nothing...
I guess I'm not worth apologizing to, in her mind.
I hang up.


A moment.

That damn phone will kill me soon.
I answer again (why can't I leave it ring?)
Tears start anew, the hot painful burning in my throat,
I need to rage, I feel the beast begging to be let free.
I dare not free the monster.  But she pushes, accusing now,

Saying hurtful things,
That I don't care.
That I don't love her.
That I'm not ever there for them...

Tears...

More tears...

Goodbye world...

No comments:

Post a Comment