October 29, 2009

Pain

What can probably be considered my first poem in more than 20 years, and unless I'm mistaken, it's the first I've ever written outside of school assignments.

PAIN

The feeling, ignore it!  I cannot.
The heart's pulse, driving lances, deeper.
Broken shards, piercing, stabbing.

The pressure cast holds it all in, but not yet at all;
the pain, to be stabilized, to mend, but the pressure is pain.

Will it end? Knowing is beyond me.
To continue, there is no other, but the pain...
Oh the pain.  I pray.  I beg.  I bleed and cry,
But there is no other, no solace, I wither,
I wish to die, but the pain I cannot let go.

To relax into oblivion, sleep is evasive, rest more so.
The pain keeps me here, holding shattered focus
Shattering my hold on the focus.

Tomorrow, might it recede tomorrow.
The sun will shine, the birds alight,
I will wake to morn's first light,

Prodded awake by the omni present
PAIN.





Well, it says what I wanted it to say, so what does anybody think?
Personally, I think it might be the worse poem I have ever read, but then again, poetry (english even) was never my strong point, only my mother language.

No comments:

Post a Comment