November 23, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel?

A Poem - Mired in Darkness

Awakening, I do not see.
This stale air that suffocates me.

I surge upright to find
the dark outside my mind;

Struggling to catch hold
a concept so very bold;

Worth have I, and purpose?
No?  Do I belong in a hearse?

No!  There must be a reason
for my breath in this season.

I arise into the dark and empty place
full, alive, moving apace.

Strive forward, which way?
A sound calls, some point to the day?

Powerful, hopeful, a clue
dragging me out of this blue.

A light in the distance far
Calling me away from here;

I have to move, with or without
a purpose, filled with doubt.

I know not from which I come
or whither I have to run.

The light it beckons so
dragging me to and fro.

The light might be an end to this pain,
Oh damn, it's a bloody train.

Goodbye, and I'm sorry.



***post note, for those that haven't figured it out, people do not belong in train tunnels.  And today is not one of my good days.  Thanks for watching, we now return you to your regularly scheduled delusions.
Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment