June 07, 2010

Awakening, Clarification, and Re-dedication.

Well, the trip to Vancouver wasn't as productive as I thought it might be, seeing as how I was suddenly riding herd on the bulk of the boys on the trip, and the simple nature of the beast is that I was the driver, the one in charge, the navigator and one of only two men in the whole sequence of things that was willing to go.

So, in short, not a blessed moment to write.

I made a choice to try for 2500 words per day, and at my current rate of typing, I'm now about 17,500 behind, or will be by the end of tonight.

Oh, and because I'm too tired and lazy to count them all out, I'm having to type them.

So, to recap, the objective is 2500 typed words per day, of whatever format.  Some day's I'll do better, other day's will be a push to simply catch up on what I've missed.  But the ever present push and counter will keep me writing.. I really want this to happen, and I dont' know any better way to do that than to type, and type, and type..  you get the idea.

Some ground rules,
Anything I type for work doesn't count, no matter what.

Anything I put up on a blog for technical support or something (Sometimes I _do_ give back to the tech forums) doesn't count.

Instant Messaging doesn't count

Any replies to other's blogs or online forums doesn't count.

Having given the general idea, now for what will count.

Things like this post will count, original writing, posted or not will count, scripts, commentary on life, etc, etc.

To count, the words must be part of an original creation, or an addition to an original creation, not just the chaff of life.

Now, having said that, I have to get back to work, showed up late, leaving early, you know the story.

Later
Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment